We have eight bungalows, four of which are suitable for double occupancy. The Warden at Lindow Close also oversees these properties.
Charitable accommodation has existed on this site since 1485 when funds were bequeathed by John Gardner to build Gardner’s Chantry. The current almshouse bungalows were built in 1938 to replace the original accommodation with further bequests made by Caroline Fry and Mary Simpson.
Queen Street has many of Lancaster’s finest Georgian Merchant’s houses and though close to the City centre, is a quiet haven, making it much sought after.
Useful information:Information sheet
How to apply:Application Form
Our residents’ handbook:Residents’ Handbook
For more information contact:Contact Us